We’re in the second week of summer in the northern hemisphere, so how about 15 tips to keep you at full head-to-toe glam for the entire season.
- Shades are more than just glam wear. They protect your vision because your eyes, like your skin, is sensitive to UV rays. So go ahead and splurge on some new ones; it’s for your health.
- Get a stylish hat or visor for added sun protection.
- If you have a fair complexion, during the wear-less season, hide pale skin with a fake tan. While it may be tempting to get a real tan catching some summer rays at the beach or poolside, remember the skin damage it can cause. That damage is cumulative and can end up costing you dearly later.
Before you apply the self-tanner, make sure to use an exfoliating scrub and shave for more even results. Apply sparingly to elbows, knees, ankles & around your hairline to avoid dark patches. After it’s on don’t forget to wash your hands with lukewarm, soapy water to avoid any tell-tale orange palms.
- Switch to a mattifying gel-based facial cleanser to keep oil-prone areas in check. Follow up cleansing with a salicylic acid-based toner to unclog pores and also help with oil absorption.
- YRT (year-round tip): Continue to use moisturizer despite the humid weather. Your skin needs hydration year-round to stay healthy and skipping moisturizer might lead your skin to overproduce the very oil we helped you get a handle on in the last tip.
- YRT: Use sunblock with at least an SPF of 15. As was stated earlier, every second of sun exposure adds up even on those cloudy days when you can’t see the sun. It’s still up there so wear sunblock every day, even once summer ends.
- If you’re going to be outside most of the day taking advantage of every possible moment of the summer, don’t forget to reapply sunscreen every two hours. Reapply it more often if you’re being extremely active (hiking or exercising) or at high altitudes, where the sun is stronger.
- Pre-hike, or any outdoor activity in the humid southern USA, dust your skin with cornstarch powder to help stay dry. Try using a scented powder to save a step of applying a fragrance and get to the fun quicker.
- Smooth flaky, chapped lips by using MK Satin Lips Lip Mask. Remove mask by gently rubbing a warm wet washcloth over your lips.
- Keep your lips looking luscious in the summer heat with great lip color that comes with SPF 15. Your lips have some of the thinnest most fragile skin on your body so you definitely don’t want to forget to protect them from the sun.
- The best shape for nails is round during the summer when you’ll be more active. Also give your nails a break from polish for a few days at a time to keep them healthy.
- When you are wearing polish, go for strong, jewel-tones or neon brights. Prevent your polish from turning yellow & chipping with a UV-protective top coat.
- Keep a pumice stone or foot file in the shower to smooth dry, rough feet. We have found a pumice stone is more effective than a foot file in terms of it’s sandal-worthy effect on feet and the life span of the stone. Just be sure to rinse and dry it thoroughly after each use.
- At the end of a long day out and about, soak hot, stinky feet in a big bowl of water and citrus fruit slices. If you know you’re prone to smelly feet, start the day by using some antiperspirant or a deodorizing spray on your feet.
- Hot weather intensifies fragrances so switch to a lighter, more airy scent that way your scent doesn’t overpower you or someone else in the summer heat. And don’t forget your body-cleansing towelettes and purse spray to freshen up on the go.
What beauty tips do you swear by during the summer?